The Rand Airshow 2016 More Information
The Airport Grounds
Click here (or on the map above) for an enlarged version - There will be two walk-in entrances (see map) and quite a few vendors & exhibitor stands. Please pay attention to the crowd safety barrier at all times.
Rand Airport in Germiston is situated just off the N3 south after the Geldenhuys intersection between the N3 and the M2. Rand Airport is hosting the Rand Airshow this year on Sunday 21st August. Free Parking is available at Rand Airport, Click here for Directions & Parking Information
Airshows make for a great family day out of the house. You can expect the flying aces of South Africa to descend onto Rand Airport over the weekend for some tricks, stunts and demos! Featuring old warbirds, helicopters, military displays, aerobatics and much much more... Check out the Teams & Programme page for the schedule
Dakota Crescent Car Park
Dakota Crescent Car Park is specifically for guests who wish to stay by their cars. All the normal rules and regulations regarding open fires, etc still apply in the car park. Please be aware of the following before choosing to use this car park:
- This is not the parking to use if you require regular access to the Rand Airshow
- Use this car park if you wish to stay by your car during the show.
- The car park entrance is R60 per vehicle, regardless of passenger count.
- Tickets for this car park are purchased at the entrance
- The car park can take approx 200 cars and it will be on a first-come-first-served basis
- Entering this car park does not give you access the main airport grounds.
- Access to the SAA Museum is an additional cost.
- If you choose to move across to Beer Co to watch the show, an entrance fee is required.
- Your Camera
- Cash (No card facilities)
- Sun block
- Your own blankets & chairs - Seating is not provided for, but you are welcome to sit in the beer tent and are not required to purchase anything in order to do so
- You may bring your own picnic basket with refreshments. We do however try our best to support our local businesses and hope you will do the same.
DO NOT Bring
- Alcohol (There is a beer tent available)
- Shading e.g. gazebo’s or free standing umbrellas (obstructs other's views)
- Charcoal, Gas Braais or Open Fires (Safety Hazard - This includes the car park areas)
- Fireworks, Balloons and Flying Toys such as powered model aeroplanes, kites and frizbees (Serious safety hazard to the pilots)
- Vehicles including motorcycles, bicycles, scooters, skateboards etc. into the public areas
- Transport for the disabled to and from the car park will be available
- No access will be granted without a ticket
- All private areas require wrist bands to gain access
- Any hawkers found will be removed by security and their goods confiscated
- Approved vendors must operate from their demarcated stalls only. They may not move between the public to sell their goods
- Littering can become a safety hazard - Please use the numerous bins that will be attached to the crowd barriers for your convenience
- No public are allowed access to the flightline or Control Tower
- No refunds will be given, unless the event is cancelled. In such a case the ticket holder will be liable for 10% of the tickets value due to handling fees.
- Other restricted areas include the fuel depot, Fire Services and SAAF aircraft, private hangars, airport management offices